Craft, Art and Design (CAD) Sub-committee aims to:
- Further and promote interest in all forms of crafts, art and design among WI members.
- Support teachers, demonstrators, or judges through the NFWI schemes or otherwise.
- Arrange lectures, schools, conferences, and exhibitions to foster learning.
- Publicise appropriate exhibitions or display of crafts organised by outside bodies.
- Organise and promote competitions appropriate to this Sub-Committee.
CAD supports two competitions every year – Rosemary Palmer Trophy for a handcrafted item and a painting competition for either the Rose Deag Rose Bowl novice watercolour or the CAD trophy for more experienced artists. The painting competitions run on alternate years.
Workshops are run usually during the Spring and towards November time with a seasonal theme. Craft dabble days have proved popular in the past and are run as required.
Currently, CAD is working alongside the County Show sub-committee. We recognise that members love to come together to craft, and this year has seen the start of our monthly ‘Craft and Chat’ sessions. We hope that the sessions will promote interest in the County Show schedule and encourage members to enter competitions, learn new skills, enhance existing skills and share ideas.